Who we are
Our website address is: https://incidentgenie.com.
How We Collect Information
We may collect personal information from various sources, including:
- Directly from you, at your direction or with your consent
- Through our Services and other connected devices
- Information provided by other Users (e.g., your attorney)
- Automatically, from devices that you use to connect to our Services
Type of Information We Collect
The types of personal information we may collect include:
- Contact information, such as name, email address, postal address, and phone number
- Demographic information, such as date of birth, gender, and zip code
- Financial information
- Username and password for the account you create
- Photographs, comments, or other content you submit through our Services
- Health data, such as your body measurements, dates of your past and current injuries, and symptoms or events you track in the app
- Details about devices used to access our websites (such as IP address, browser information, device information, and operating system information)
- We may also collect certain information about the use of our websites, mobile apps, social media presence, and Internet-enabled services and platforms by automated means, such as cookies, web beacons and other technologies
From time to time, we may use or augment the personal data we have about you with information obtained from other sources, such as public databases, social media platforms and other third parties. For example, we may use such third-party information to confirm contact or financial information or to better understand your interests by associating demographic information with the information you have provided.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect to deliver the Services, to maintain and customize your account and our interactions with you, and to provide, maintain, and improve our Services. We also use the information we collect to:
- Communicate with you about our Services
- Analyze and enhance our communications and strategies
- Facilitate your engagement with the Services, including to enable you to post content
- Conduct or administer surveys and other market research
- Protect against, identify, investigate, and respond to fraud or other illegal activity
- Respond to requests, questions and comments
- Tailor the content we display to our users in our communications, and in connection with the use of our Services
- Provide you with newsletters, articles, and other information
We may also aggregate any personal information that we collect in connection with our Services, such that the information is no longer personally identifiable or attributable to you. We may use such aggregated information for our own legitimate business purposes without restriction.
How We Share Your Information
We may share the information we collect with:
- Within our company
- With service providers that perform services on our behalf, such as those that help operate the website and app
- With your consent and at your direction
- With other users who you choose to share with
We may also disclose personal information to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, protect and defend our rights or property, protect the safety of our users or the public, or to protect against legal liability.
We reserve the right to transfer the information we maintain in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets. If we engage in such a sale or transfer,
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under age 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information.
Your Rights and Choices
You may have certain rights in connection with your personal information, including the right to request access to your personal information or correct mistakes in our records. We will respond to your request in writing, or orally if requested, as soon as practicable. We may request proof of identification to verify your request. For more details in relation to your rights, including how to exercise them, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We, our service providers, and our business partners may also collect certain information about the use of our Services by automated means, such as cookies, web beacons and other technologies. Our Services also use third-party analysis and tracking services to track the performance of our Services, understand how you use our Services, and offer you an improved and safer experience. Information on your usage of our Services may be collected and processed by us, or a third party engaged by us.
Web browsers may offer users of our Services the ability to disable receiving certain types of cookies; however, if cookies are disabled, some features or functionality of our Services may not function correctly.
Because there is not yet a consensus on how companies should respond to web browser-based do-not-track (“DNT”) mechanisms, we do not respond to web browser-based DNT signals at this time.
Links to Other Websites and Third-Party Content
International Data Transfers
How We Protect Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect personal information we maintain against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Despite such efforts, however, please note that no organization can fully eliminate risks or guarantee the security of personal information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of information about you at any time, and we bear no liability for uses or disclosures of personal information or other data arising in connection with theft of the information or other malicious actions.
Content Submitted by You
Some features of the Services allow you to post content on our website, app or social media pages, such as photos. Content that you provide may be shared publicly or with other users or third parties.
© 2018 Incident Genie, a licensed trademark of Legal Genie LLC.
All rights reserved.